Transitioning Hair Care During Vacation
Posted on 29 April 2016
- Be sure to soak your hair with water. Then coat lightly in a semi thick oil like rice bran or coconut oil. This step will prevent your hair from absorbing too much water.
- Wash your hair. You can use a swimmer's shampoo or cleansing conditioner.
- Always condition your hair after cleansing. Using a quick rinse out conditioner is good for regular or daily use. They are formulated to be effective in 3-5 mins. Super easy.
- If your hair is very dry and needs some TLC be sure to do a hot oil treatment or oil rinsing. I like to use Green Triad Triple Infused Oil for my hot oil treatments. It is most effective for me and I love the minty scent. You can use any oil that you like or have on hand. Can't go wrong with an oil treatment.
- Moisturize your hair and apply a light amount of oil on the ends to deter splitting.
- Do your best to avoid direct heat. With so much exposure to sun and water on a regular basis the last thing your hair needs is to be blasted with heat or flat ironed. Embrace low manipulation styles.
Don't stress yourself out with overly complicated styling. You are on vacation to enjoy yourself right? Wear your hair in simple, stress free styles. Tight braids or styles can damage your hair due to the tension of the style. This can cause the hair to break or tear and can also cause damage to your follicles. Great styles to wear are lose buns, braids, twist,etc…whatever is simple and doesn’t pull your hair is always a great option.
Hope these tips are helpful. If you have any questions or tips you would like to share post them in the comment section. We are a community of naturals in every stage of their journeys lets help each other out.