Posted on 04 August 2015
- wooden spoon
- 1 plastic or glass bowl
- 2 cups of distilled water
- 1 cup of whole flaxseeds
- fine strainer
- Add the seeds to the water.
- Then turn the stove on to a medium setting. Let it boil and stir constantly.
- Allow it to thicken. When you notice white frothiness that resembles egg whites it's done.
- Strain the gel from the seeds.
- Pour into an airtight container.
- Let it cool completely without closing the container.
- Pour the gel into a dye applicator bottle for easy use. Only pour the amount that will be used for the current detangling session.
- For future use: I pour the remaining flaxseed gel into ice cube trays.
- The night before I plan to wash my hair I put a few cubes in a bowl to thaw. It is melted, room temp and ready to use by morning.