Rose Tea + ACV Toner
Posted on 17 August 2015
This is one of my very simple recipes for an effective yet natural toner. Best of all it is non-toxic and simple to make.
Reasons why toners are a necessary
It's super cheap to create
Rose Tea + ACV Toner
A glass bottle (dropper optional)
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable glycerin
- 1 cup of freshly brewed rose tea
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar (with the mother)
- 6-8 drops of an essential oil choice
- Brew the tea. Allow to steep until cool.
- Pour all ingredients into a bottle.
- Wash the face and neck. Pat dry.
- Apply the toner with a cotton ball.
- Avoid getting to close to the area around the eyes.
- Give it a few minutes to dry. Do not wash it off.
- Moisturize your face as normal.
- Refrigerate between usage.
- Shake well before each use.
*If a commercial preservative is not used then discard the toner after 5-7 days.
About the ingredients
Rose tea: Refreshes the skin. It is an antioxidant due to its vitamin C content, has natural caffeine (not much), highly moisturizing, antibacterial, restores the complexion, prevents wrinkles, anti-aging, leaves the skin very smooth and smells gorgeous.
Vegetable Glycerin: Is a great moisturizer. it aids the skin in moisture retention. If you suffer from dry skin it is definitely something you will need to include in your DIY toner.
ACV: Apples have large amounts of malic acid, calcium, pectin and potassium. The fermentation process results in apple cider vinegar. It is antibacterial, anti inflammatory and antiseptic. These properties make it an ideal ingredient to use as a component for skin care (for those that have skin issues such as acne). It also balances the skins pH. This really helps to minimize breakouts.
Essential Oil: The essential oil I use depends on the state of my skin. Each essential oil has its own properties that can be beneficial to the skin. A few I use are lavender, tea tree, rosemary, sweet orange, lemon, rose, carrot seed and ylang ylang. I use one essential oil for each batch. No need in adding multiple oils to the toner.
Try it out and let us know how well it works for you.