Increase Hair Growth with Dandelions
Posted on 04 March 2016
(image source: google)
Dandelion Root Hair Rinse
2 cups of distilled water
2 tablespoons of calendula flowers*
1/4 a cup of rosewater
1 teaspoon of each: brahmi and burdock root
*This is a very soothing and healing flower. It is used in this recipe because it makes the hair softer and calms inflammation of the scalp.
- Warm the distilled water and pour it over all of the dandelion root and calendula.
- Cover and allow to steep until cool.
- Strain and discard the spent plant material.
- Add the rosewater. Blend well. Rosewater smells amazing! You'll definitely love that fragrance.
- Pour it over the hair and massage the scalp well with the pads of your fingers. Be sure to have a bowl to catch the run off.
- Repeat the above setup several times.
- You can rinse it out with cool water or leave in on the hair and proceed to styling.
Dandelion Root Infused Oil
1 tablespoon of dandelion root
1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Warm the oil in a double boiler.
- Blend the dandelion root with the warm oil.
- Pour it into a heat safe jar. Let it infuse for approx. 2 weeks then it's ready to for use.
- Can be used for hot oil treatments, prepoo and added to deep conditioners.