Charcoal Scalp Detox
Posted on 05 March 2016
Activated charcoal has gained popularity recently. It is wonderful for the skin because it draws dirt out of the pores. It is very porous and widely used. Usually when we do any type of detox it is done topically on the body. Why not the scalp? It needs to be detoxed too. Unclogged pores would be an optimal environment for hair growth right? That's what gave me the idea to give it a try. Gotta love DIY.
Most naturals already know how great bentonite clay is for the skin and hair. I combined them both and I really enjoyed it. My scalp felt fantastic. If your scalp needs a great deep cleansing it is perfect.
(image source: google)
Charcoal Scalp Detox
- Measuring spoons
- plastic bowls and utensils*
*Don't ever use any metal items when working with clay.
- 1 1/2 a tablespoon bentonite clay
- 1 teaspoon of daily dew oil
- 1/2 a cup of lukewarm distilled water
- 1/5 tablespoon of activated charcoal powder**
- 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil for fragrance (optional)
**Activated charcoal from coconut shells is pretty easy to find. It is food grade.
- Prepoo or generously dampen the hair. Be sure it is properly detangled so that the scalp can be accessed easily.
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Part the hair with your hands and apply the mixture directly to the scalp.
- Leave on for a few minutes. During this time you can create a regular bentonite clay mask to apply to the length of your hair as well.
- Rinse well. Your hair will feel super soft and scalp very clean.
Be sure to deep condition. Then moisturize your hair. I follow up with the LOC/ LCO method. I love to use florets and creme as my Cream then lock in the moisture with budding butter treat as my Oil.
Your hair will feel super soft after this treatment. It is something that should only be done on an as needed basis.
Disclaimer: Before using or creating be sure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients. If you have any questions consult with your physician. I am not a doctor. I only share things I have done for myself and my experiences.